Kensington Mouse Won't Scroll
b***@adobeforums.com
2006-11-14 19:08:17 UTC
Fellow Forum Members,
I really like my Kensington Expert Mouse Pro. But it looks like the driver it's using known as Mouseworks 6.2.2 does not work with FrameMaker 7.1. I can't scroll with the wheel. Is there anything I can do to FrameMaker so that I may keep using my Kensington Mouse and still be able to use the scroll wheel? Or is it possible to have two mice installed and then toggle between each mouse? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
S***@adobeforums.com
2006-11-15 14:44:45 UTC
b***@adobeforums.com
2006-11-15 15:06:41 UTC
S***@adobeforums.com
2006-11-15 16:40:10 UTC
I wish the guys at FrameMaker could for the next release fix all these
scroll wheel related problems. I shouldn't have to rely on Freewheel so
that I can have scrolling capability in FrameMaker. These kind of problems
make FrameMaker look bad to publishing professionals.

You did see the part where I said my scroll wheel is working for FrameMaker (and everything else)? I don't have any third-party wheel utility, just Windows XP, FM 7.1, and KMW 6.2.

Cheers,

Sean
s***@adobeforums.com
2006-11-17 16:37:57 UTC
Binar:

You are using the current software (6.2.2) for windows 2000. However, Kenston requires you always uninstall their software before installing any Windows Service Packs. Did you follow the installation instructions and install Kensington MouseWorks software after the last service pack. If not remove Kenston software, reinstall the SP and then install Kengston and see if the problem is gone before using a third part scoll software.

I have two systems at my desk both using scroll wheels, one uses a Compaq mouse and uses the PS2/compatable mouse on Windows Server 2000 and the second a Logitech and it uses their drivers on Windows server 2000 and I no problems.

Sean- He did say he was using Windows 2000 not XP. If he had a USB mouse, he could possibly switch mice, but he shouldn'never need to go to this extreme.